Monday, May 17, 2010

Killer Shrimp

Since Sister C finally graduated, and she doesn't have any public appearance obligations this week, I wanted to make a shrimp dish. As I've said before, Sister C has issues with shellfish, but to hell with that! She's graduated! So I decided to make Killer Shrimp.

Killer Shrimp used to have a couple of restaurants in Los Angeles, in Marina Del Rey and Studio City. They were an upscale, trendy restaurant that really only had one dish: killer shrimp. They came in a spicy tomato-based broth and were served with either pasta, rice, or bread. The restaurant has been gone for some years now, but their legacy lives on in many clone recipes.

The recipe I used I found on Epicurious.com. It's a pretty simple recipe to make, it just takes time.
5/17/10 Killer Shrimp
I don't remember exactly how it tasted back in the day, but this recipe appeared to be a good approximation. I think there may have been a tad more garlic though. It's not pictured here, but I even served the bread in a colander like the restaurant used to do.

Sister C, not wanting to tempt the wrath of the gods, only ate six shrimp, whereas I ate considerably more. Somewhere in the range between 10 and 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment