Monday, March 29, 2010

Country-Style Pork Ribs

We had a huge package of country-style pork ribs in the fridge so I decided to cook that for dinner. Did you know that even though they're called ribs, they aren't really ribs at all? They're actually from the shoulder. After I trimmed them a little of fat (which I shouldn't have done) I seasoned them liberally with Lawry's garlic salt and poultry seasoning. I tried cooking them slightly differently than usual, covering them up with tin foil for half the baking time so that they didn't dry out completely and removing the cover for the last half. I should have cooked them for even longer, but I was impatient (and hungry).
3/29/10 Country-Style Pork Ribs
On the side was a pilaf made with crab mushroom and frozen spinach. I tried a few different things with this as well. Not bad, but not great.

We also had fingerling potatoes which are the easiest things to make, since you just microwave them in the bag they come in. I dressed them with a little butter and rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment