Monday, March 8, 2010

Smoked Salmon and Capers in Vodka Cream Sauce

3/8/10 smoked salmon and capers in a vodka cream sauce
Tonight I wanted to make a simple dinner with stuff in the house, so I decided on pasta. We always have pasta, capers, and vodka (because I like vodka) in the house,and we ended up having some frozen smoked salmon and whipping cream. I also sliced some onions to toss in to add more texture and a slightly sweet contrast to the smoky, salty salmon. There wasn't enough whipping cream, so I used some heavy cream which is a little too rich for a vodka cream sauce.

I probably should have used a thicker, wider noodle than the capellini, as the increased surface area meant that I had to add more cream than was usually necessary. It wasn't horrible, but it could have been better, so I made some mental notes for next time.

I assembled some soycatash to appease the veggie police. It was pretty good, but then again it usually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment