Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cobb Salad

Cobb salad probably ranks as my third favorite salad behind Caesar and Chinese chicken. I've been wanting to make a Cobb salad for the past three weeks but just haven't been able to do it. But today I had the time and was able to get all of the ingredients.
3/27/11 Cobb Salad
My salad included all of the requisites: lettuce, watercress, tomato, avocado, hard-boiled egg, Roquefort cheese, chicken breast, bacon, and a red wine vinaigrette. Traditional Cobb salad doesn't have ham, but I included it since that's how some restaurants serve it. I still included the bacon though because, well, it's bacon.

It's not the best Cobb salad I've had, but it was good, and very filling. I'll probably still prefer to make Caesar salads, but every once in a while a break is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment