Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Celebrity Sightings - Brian Posehn

A lot of you might not know who Brian Posehn is, but he's a pretty funny guy. He's a comedian whose acting credits include Brian Spukowski on "The Sarah Silverman Program" and Kevin Liotta, Ray Liotta's cousin on "Just Shoot Me!" He kind of looks like what would happen if Bunsen and Beaker had a child.

I saw him at a comic book convention once. I was there for business, not pleasure. We did about $50 the first day. It was horrible. But I did get to meet Brian Posehn.

I seldom get excited about meeting celebrities. It's partly about being professional, but also about trying not to be an asshole. Also, there are very few celebrities that I really care about. But I like Brian Posehn's work, so I went up to him and told him that, and he politely thanked me.

Fast-forward a few months later. He's a guest on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien," and he's talking about how his two biggest interests are heavy metal and comic books. He's so into them, that if you aren't talking about them, he's probably not paying attention. Oh well, even if he didn't hear me tell him I appreciated his work, I still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment