Saturday, April 10, 2010

Go-To Meal

Whenever I get to hankerin' for something fried but I can't go out, I go to my go-to meal: karaage and takikomi gohan. Karaage is just Japanese fried chicken. It's marinated in a 1-to-1 mix of sake and soy sauce. The takikomi gohan is a box mix that you just add to the uncooked rice in the rice cooker. It contains mountain vegetables, mushrooms, and konnyaku.

I eat this meal every two months, usually on days where I wake up late and haven't eaten anything. I usually only finish half of the two cups prepared rice, eating the remainder during the wee hours of the morning. For the karaage, I cook about 4-6 small boneless chicken thighs, none of which survive the initial meal. Yeah, I'm a pig, but at least I eat well.
4/10/10 Go-to meal

No comments:

Post a Comment