Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sam Rockwell Dance

When I saw "Moon" over a year ago, I was very impressed by what I thought was the best sci-fi movie of the year (Sorry "Star Trek" and "District 9"). I enjoyed it even more than "The Hurt Locker" which I watched later that day. "Moon" is an excellent, beautifully designed movie that flew under most people's radar. But if there were one scene that elevated it to heights of awesome, it was Sam Rockwell's dance scene:
[Ed. Note: The video contains a spoiler for those of you who haven't seen the movie, but then again watching the video may entice you to watch the movie if you haven't already.]

Within that one scene, Sam Rockwell is able to combine comedy, obstinance, and sassy jack-assery all in one. It makes the movie totally worth watching. So imagine my surprise and delight when he showed up on stage in "Iron Man 2":

The man is a dancing machine! I later found out he also dances in "Charlie's Angels." If only he danced in every one of his movies, I would then watch every one of those movies. (Despite the lack of dancing I still watched "G-Force," excellent, and "Matchstick Men," also excellent.) So here's one last video of Sam Rockwell gettin' his groove on until the next movie boogie.

No comments:

Post a Comment