Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mentaiko Spaghetti

I had a craving for Japanese snacks the other day, and spent a little too much money at the Japanese market. But I also got some mentaiko (spicy cod roe) and shiso so I could make one of my favorite meals: mentaiko spaghetti. I'm the only one in the house who likes mentaiko, and since it usually comes as two pieces I can get two meals out of it.
10/12/10 mentaiko spaghetti
The recipe I use is very simple: mix one tablespoon of soft butter with a small spoonful of kombu-cha and the insides of one piece of mentaiko. Mix with freshly made pasta, and the mentaiko will semi-cook from the residual heat. Then all you have to do is top it with sliced shiso and nori. It only takes about 10 minutes to make. By comparison it took five minutes to take the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment