Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Grilled Pork Chops

Certain events prevented me from cooking on Sunday, so I rescheduled my dinner to today.

I specifically wanted to make potatoes au gratin, but since some people freak out when I don't serve a meat dish, I needed to figure out something to pair it with. I thought some sort of pork dish would be good and settled upon pork chops.
78/4/10 grilled pork chops
I've made potatoes au gratin before, but I must have forgotten to make the recommended adjustments, since it turned out pretty greasy. It wasn't bad, but it will probably knock another year off my life and increase the likelihood of me having a heart attack by 5-7.5%.

But the pork chops were AWESOME! I decided to grill them on the barbecue, and that was a wise decision. They turned out juicy and full-flavored.

It was a pretty big pack of pork chops, so guess what I'm having for lunch? Lucky me!

1 comment:

  1. in collage, my old roommate and I would make au gratin and tuna. Or Mac & Cheese + tuna. Tuna was really an easy way to get protein.

    ReplyDelete