Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey Tetrazzini

After several Sundays of lackluster dinners (makizushi, country ribs again), I had something new to try. I got a recipe for turkey tetrazzini from "The Splendid Table," and since we had more than enough leftover turkey, I decided to try it.
11/28/10 turkey tetrazzini
Turkey tetrazzini is pretty much a pasta with creamy sauce loaded with turkey. The easiest way to make it is to mix some cream of mushroom soup with turkey and peas, mix this with cooked pasta, and bake for several minutes. The recipe I had called for making the cream sauce from scratch. The result is a dish that is a little more refined (in terms of taste) than what you would get from using cream of mushroom soup. The secret dimension comes from the fresh grated nutmeg.
11/28/10 turkey tetrazzini
I wasn't expecting a great deal from this plate, but I was pleasantly surprised. It turned out to be a little more nuanced and a slight bit more appetizing than that with which I'm familiar. Perhaps I can look forward to making this again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment